Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

Keeping the Oil at Bay

So today I thought I'd share some of my essential products to create a oil-free face!

First of all though, I thought I'd explain my skin and its very bad habits!


Skin Type: I'd say my skin is 'combination' however it does appear to have a mind of it's own, in the winter months especially I tend to get patches of dry skin around the outer edges of my face and right on the end of nose! But on the other hand, my t-zone area suffers from oiliness, therefore I have to use products to combat both these problems, I truly am combination in terms of skin type. 





MAC Oil Control Lotion 30ml Travel Size - £12.50  Having never really thought MAC as skincare, I was recommended this product by a friend and was then ultimately persuaded by Nicole Guerriero of YouTube fame to run to the MAC store and snap it up. The JOYS this product provides, oh my! Without this my skin/makeup would be in total utter chaos/meltdown (literally) one pea sized amount does this trick and seconds later, primer or foundation is good to be applied.


If your a primer kinda gal, insert your favorite here! I simply haven't found the perfect one just yet so can;t really recommend one. If you can recommend me one please do so in the comments box below!


Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - As I very inconveniently have super duper oily eyelids it's essential that I use the little tube of magic cream before applying any eye shadow, however saying that, recently I've been considering trying out the NARS version of this product, which has had great reviews on the blogosphere, so ill update you on that one!


Finally, once I've applied my mask of make-up I always, always, always apply a finishing powder or a finishing spray, some I have tried include, Rimmel's Stay Matte powder in Translucent, Mac's Blot Powder and I'm currently using Mac's Prep and Prime loose powder, of which I apply using a Real Techniques Powder brush, and I also occasionally apply Urban Decay's De-Slick Spray to keep the oil at a natural level throughout the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment