Pages

Thursday 5 February 2015

Monthly Favourites - January 2015

This month, I've had a lot of spare time on my hands, which is always bad for my purse! And has resulted in a lot of money being spent on what some may call 'unnecessary' items....pffft. All beauty products are necessary in my book! So in this weeks blog post I thought I'd share some of my favourites:


MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation: in the shade NW13. Of all the MAC foundations and concealers I've tried in the past, this is the first one that has been correctly colour matched, hooray! It's perfect for oily/combination skin, and provides the medium/full coverage that I look for in a foundation. After a month of heavy use, it's an inevitable repurchase for the future (I'm looking at you Duty Free) 

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream (Fragrance Free): A while pack I received a small sample of this multi-use product, it's a great winter skincare product essential as it does wonders for dry, flaky skin. Which at this time of year you can find right on the end of my nose, annoying as hell, but the eight hour cream sorts it right out, so I recently went all out and purchased the full size, a whopping 50ml, which will literally last forever. It also claims to have many other uses which I am yet to explore: shape brows, revitalize shine, soothe dry hands and smooth cuticles and nails, as well as treating burns, sunburn and cracked lips! A true all rounder. 

Rituals Miracle Hand Balm: My current go-to bedside table hand cream. I've always been funny about 'crinkly' hands after I've sat in the bath too long, so this super thick balm does just the trick by returning my hands to something more human like. However, do be warned, this hand balm is a definite no no for the daytime, way too sticky and greasy. I've made that mistake. 

Aveda Smooth Infusion Hair: I'M IN LOVE. Another savior product for my #hagridhair days. This glossing straightener should be applied to wet hair after washing, it's heat activated so only works when you blow dry your hair, but it promises to 'straighten out waves, curls and kinks for all day control and lustrous shine'. Perfect. And it actually works! Bonus. 

Magic Minerals by Jerome Alexander: New to UK, and available via High Street TV, this powder conceals and covers like a powder foundation, but with a twist. It features different coloured 'spots' within the powder, the pink, brightens pale complexions, the mint, reduces redness and conceals skin discolouration, the lavender, camouflages yellow and sallow complexions, and the yellow, conceals dark circles and uneven skin tone. It's also great for setting foundation, or as I like to use it, as a base on those 'no makeup, but I can't leave the house like this' days. The compact is super pretty too! 

Ole Henrikson Pure Truth Melting Cleanser 3 in 1 Cleansing gelee: first of all, 'gelee' yes please. If that one word alone hasn't sold you, read on... As i'm obsessed with cleansing balms and the like, I picked up a sample size (30ml) of this skincare product after reading Caroline Hiron's blogpost. It's honestly unlike anything I've used before in terms of texture, but I do love the smell, very citrus-y. for more information I can only do the honorable thing a lead you to Ms. Hirons herself. 

TV Show - The Fosters: My love for this programme grows stronger with every week. I've now watched the first series and a half twice over, and literally wait like an over excited puppy for the new episode to air... Sad I know. 

Film - The Theory of Everything. Eddie Redmayne fully deserves every award possible for his performance as Stephen Hawking in the film, he's just unbelievable!  

Album - Hozier by Hozier, after listening to his live lounge on radio 1 earlier this month, I just had to download the album, my favourite tracks are: Take Me To Church, From Eden, and Foreigner's God. 

Link me to your January favourites below!

xx



Links to where you can buy the items are hyper-linked in the product titles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment